Railroad Forums 

• Brightline Stations on Miami-Orlando line

• This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Brightline, formerly All Aboard Florida and Virgin Trains USA:
    Websites: Current Brightline
    Virgin USA
    Virgin UK
This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Brightline, formerly All Aboard Florida and Virgin Trains USA:
Websites: Current Brightline
Virgin USA
Virgin UK

Moderator: CRail

#1531375  by Arlington

farecard wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:13 pm What's the connection like to FLL? Any public transit?
For now, Tri Rail (in the west side of the airport) and requiring a free shuttle bus is a better connection. If you're going to Downtown Miami, you'd then connect to the Metro at either the Tri Rail station (Green Line)or MIA station (Orange) to make the jump eastward.

The transfer to the FLL Brigthline station from the FLL Airport is currently too daunting in my opinion. Brightline's tracks form the eastern boundary of the airport IF there were a Brightline station at the Airprot, WHICH THERE ISNT, it would be less than 2000' from the terminal)
 #1553757  by Pensyfan19

I don´t think this is correct. I remember hearing that Brightline is to return to service when their extension to Orlando opens in 2022.

https://trn.trains.com/news/news-wire/2 ... it-outlook
Brightline, which shut down operations between Miami and West Palm Beach, Fla., more than six months ago, has yet to set a date to resume service. The South Florida Sun-Sentinel quotes company spokesman Ben Porritt as saying the company is “evaluating a number of factors” to determine when to return, and notes that factors including tourism, the lack of sporting and entertainment events drawing crowds, decreased business travel, and the shutdown of the cruise-ship industry all hit the passenger operator’s ridership. Brightlight stopped operations on March 26 and laid off 262 workers.
 #1553774  by NHV 669

How could the company's own direct statement be wrong? How exactly do you believe they intend to remain in business, and justify expansion without operating a single train for well over 18 months, to include an entire calendar year? That doesn't even begin to make logical sense.
 #1553782  by Pensyfan19

NHV 669 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:19 pm How could the company's own direct statement be wrong? How exactly do you believe they intend to remain in business, and justify expansion without operating a single train for well over 18 months, to include an entire calendar year? That doesn't even begin to make logical sense.
Fair point. I saw a post on a different Brightline topic saying that Brightline would restart service in 2022, so that's why I made that assumption. Hopefully Brightline reopens sooner than that.

viewtopic.php?f=208&t=94565&p=1549442&h ... 2#p1549442
 #1553845  by BandA

People still want to live in warm places, so demand will eventually return. No reason to hemorrhage money for months or a year or two by reopening too soon.
Last edited by BandA on Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1554281  by Jeff Smith

BandA wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:10 pm People still want to live in warm places, so demand will eventually return. No reason to hemorrhage money for months or a year or two by reopening too soon.
And it may have been ill-advised to open before the Orlando extension was open, as well.
 #1563471  by Teutobergerwald

Any construction of a new passenger station in Vero Beach to serve Indian River County being considered by Brightline? I'd love to fly into Orlando or West Palm and then take the train to Vero and then rent a car to get to the Disney Vero Beach Resort which we go to.
 #1563634  by Rockingham Racer

Teutobergerwald wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:52 pm Any construction of a new passenger station in Vero Beach to serve Indian River County being considered by Brightline? I'd love to fly into Orlando or West Palm and then take the train to Vero and then rent a car to get to the Disney Vero Beach Resort which we go to.
Indian River County spent millions fighting Brightline tooth and nail. They finally gave up after several losses in court and subsequent appeals. I would not consider a stop in hostile territory given the opposition to even running through there.
 #1566255  by CentralValleyRail

Arlington wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:34 am
farecard wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:13 pm What's the connection like to FLL? Any public transit?
For now, Tri Rail (in the west side of the airport) and requiring a free shuttle bus is a better connection. If you're going to Downtown Miami, you'd then connect to the Metro at either the Tri Rail station (Green Line)or MIA station (Orange) to make the jump eastward.

The transfer to the FLL Brigthline station from the FLL Airport is currently too daunting in my opinion. Brightline's tracks form the eastern boundary of the airport IF there were a Brightline station at the Airprot, WHICH THERE ISNT, it would be less than 2000' from the terminal)
https://www.thenextmiami.com/brightline ... rport-fll/

Airport station at BOTH MIA and FLL being considered...
 #1567965  by Jeff Smith

Jeff Smith wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:39 pm I haven't seen anything on Vero, just Boca.
Speaking of Boca: https://www.masstransitmag.com/rail/new ... -this-year
The long-planned Brightline station for Boca Raton is getting closer to being built, with the project’s first phase of construction scheduled to start in March.

The pandemic led the rail line last year to stop running its trains, but that hasn’t halted plans to develop stations in Boca Raton, as well as in Aventura and at PortMiami.

In Boca Raton, the build-out of a planned $46 million station will start in March with the construction of a temporary parking lot and garden. The latest steps come more than a year after the Boca Raton City Council unanimously approved the new station in December 2019.