Railroad Forums 

• BNSF Conditional Offer

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#982167  by BNSFPLEASE

Hello, this is my first post on railroad.net and I will begin with a brief introduction.

I am a 20 year old unemployed college student, I applied with BNSF in September of 2011 for the Kansas City conductor primary recall position. Initially I received a disheartening email informing me that although I was selected as an "alternate", I was not going to be in the upcoming class. But today I got that magic email, conditional offer of employment ect.

My question is with regards to the background, hair screening process.
I had my hair collected be Psychemedics, and was asked to disclose any criminal convictions during the interview.
But the conditional offer states that, (among other things) my final offer was pending a "BACKGROUND CHECK".

So here's the question:

Does BNSF run the (HAIR TEST and BACKGROUND CHECK) before, or after forwarding the conditional offer?
I believe I am fine on both counts, but I am curious as to what procedure is followed in relation to employment status.

Thanks a million for any comments.
And thank God for what I have so far :)
 #982465  by jz441

BNSFPLEASE wrote:
So here's the question:

Does BNSF run the (HAIR TEST and BACKGROUND CHECK) before, or after forwarding the conditional offer?
It makes no difference... Conditional offer means that you have to meet all the conditions of the job. I have seen people start the class and then a few weeks later get fired do to the results of their background check.
 #982648  by ddw76

When is the start date for that conditional offer and also when was your hiring session
 #997847  by rueboy38

Hi members,

I am new to the this post and have some questions. I have resently accepted a conditional offer from BNSF for Conductor Trainee. I have taken the physical capabilities test and I am ready to take the physical exam. I was contacted with a time and place to take the physical capabilites test, does it work the same for the physical exam or do I have to call and get a sheduled date, time, and place to take the physical exam.

Thanks,
Rueboy38