Railroad Forums 

• BNSF Waiting game question

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#953933  by hogndoggin

I got the conditional offer for conductor, took the strength, hair, and physical.
Got all my background checks taken care of. Last night I got an email from
CHS saying that I met medical requirements. Does that mean I passed all tests;
physical, hair, strength? Thanks in advance.
 #955407  by hogndoggin

choochooman wrote:Yep you are good to go. Where are you gonna be working? You live there or gonna have to move from somewhere else?
Kansas city, Kansas. I live in Georgia.
 #956978  by hogndoggin

Well I wrote HR asking just a generic question about what would be next, come to find out all
classes are full, so the earliest I could start would be late November. Goody gumdrops.
 #964784  by wmrjw82

i'm in same boat....any idea what BNSF's hr email is? Wanted to contact them to see when I would start training...
 #964834  by hogndoggin

last week i got an email from bnsf saying i passed everything and had a projected start date
of november 28th. dont worry man, youre good. just wait and more wait. they WILL contact you.
 #965434  by johnnbea

@eastcoastdave
I am in DC and applied to Sheridan WY. From application to invite to hiring session was somewhere in the area of 2 weeks, but I think it is really going to depend on where you apply to. I applied to Alliance NE in June, and just got an email yesterday, telling me thanks but no thanks, AFTER I have completed all of my prehire testing for Sheridan, who gave me a contingent offer the day after the interview! So I really think you are going to find a different answer for each location you apply to.
 #966016  by rabbi

Hey all! Good News! Just got this email today:

Congratulations! You have met the requirements of the pre-employment medical and background review processes! We believe you will make an excellent addition to the BNSF team!

This letter is to notify you of your projected start date of October 31, 2011 to join BNSF as a Conductor Trainee in West Quincy, MO. Approximately two (2) weeks prior to your projected start date you will receive a final offer letter via email. Since employment with BNSF is subject to business needs, please do not tender a resignation with your current employer until you receive the final offer letter.
 #966018  by hogndoggin

rabbi wrote:Hey all! Good News! Just got this email today:

Congratulations! You have met the requirements of the pre-employment medical and background review processes! We believe you will make an excellent addition to the BNSF team!

This letter is to notify you of your projected start date of October 31, 2011 to join BNSF as a Conductor Trainee in West Quincy, MO. Approximately two (2) weeks prior to your projected start date you will receive a final offer letter via email. Since employment with BNSF is subject to business needs, please do not tender a resignation with your current employer until you receive the final offer letter.
yeah man, youre in the same boat with me. i guess that's about the 2nd to best email you can receive.
 #966151  by rabbi

Yeah, I am assuming that this means I am hired and in the class, just that the date could get pushed back. I am confident that it will start on time because they have been requesting mercenaries for this terminal, as they are really hard up for people. Since this is the case, should I be confident of that projected start date?
 #981458  by cbdragon2003

I am hoping some one out there can help me. I just did an on-line assessment for acouple of positions in Houston TX and OKC. The next day I received an email saying that I can interview for the position in Houston on the 26OCT11. Great news! The only problem I have with this is I am still deployed. So my question is this: Will BNSF do interviews over the phone or did i just lose an opprotunity. I only have a few more weeks left til I am back stateside, will they hold off to do the interview? Any advice good or bad will help.
 #981519  by Gadfly

cbdragon2003 wrote:I am hoping some one out there can help me. I just did an on-line assessment for acouple of positions in Houston TX and OKC. The next day I received an email saying that I can interview for the position in Houston on the 26OCT11. Great news! The only problem I have with this is I am still deployed. So my question is this: Will BNSF do interviews over the phone or did i just lose an opprotunity. I only have a few more weeks left til I am back stateside, will they hold off to do the interview? Any advice good or bad will help.
There is no such thing as an "online" interview. It means IN PERSON! You should have waited until you are in CONUS before applying. They are NOT going to hire someone over the phone! :)

GTF
 #981529  by gp80mac

Railroads are usually pretty good with military matters. Give them a call and see what they say...