Railroad Forums 

• bnsf train dispatcher

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#924752  by texan42

I was hoping to get some input from bnsf dispatchers? I will be attending training classes in Fort Worth TX, and i was wondering how hard the class is and the probationary period? I was also wondering about the job on what to expect with the job? the atmosphere, work settings, tasks, that sort of stuff ? I know the pay is good and the company. Just wanting some input and maybe some advice
 #927590  by Deval

FYI: Just because you attend the classes doesn't guarantee you will get a job as a dispatcher. I know several people that have went through the dispatcher program at TCC and are still unemployed.
 #939087  by tempguy

texan42:

i was trying to private message you but i guess because my account is new im not able to use that feature.

were you actually hired on with bnsf as a dispatcher trainee OR are you attending the college program at TCC at your own expense hoping to be hired on in the future?

based on your post I would guess you were already hired by bnsf as a trainee. i know they have run numerous job requisitions throughout the past six months for dispatcher trainees.

i just got my application in for the job req that closed last friday. if you were hired on id like to ask you some questions but cant seem to message you privately. let me know whats up. thanks.
 #977322  by tutt2011

I am wondering did anyone answer the question by "tempguy"? I am interested in knowing if bnsf uses a temp agency or contract company to fill job opening, like the dispatcher position. If so, do anyone know what the name of the agency. What I am noticing is the fact once you fill out the on-line application that's it. I did get my app in time for the dispatcher position but have not heard one way or the other if I be selected to attend the trainee class. I am guessing that due to economic climate there are just alot of people applying for position. If anyone can shed some light on the process it would be greatly appreciated.
FYI: I was just thinking it's so unfortunate that on-line app is the only way to apply for position because I truly believe alot of qualified, and good candidate gets weaved out of the process and the outcome my have been differently had they had a face to face interview. I know alot of companies do use temp employees fill positions and eventually make them permanent. This may be an avenue to look into... Thanks for listening....