Railroad Forums 

• CSX REDI Center

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1294018  by urmomsman

Anyone staying at extended stay america for the 9/22 conductor class, 2nd shift? It's the peachtree dunwoody location.
 #1294103  by vcsheriff

I am starting the conductor class on the 29th, according to the email staying at the Residence Inn. Hired out of Indiana, anybody else going then?
 #1294671  by Poulin24

mikeval wrote:I received my call Tuesday My start date got moved up to sept.8 from Oct.20. For a carman position out of Toledo Ohio. Just wondering when and how much we get paid when we are down at the redi center for 5 weeks. I have been searching and searching for days and found no recent info. Also what kind of info do we go over for a carman.

Hey mike if you see this im also going to redi for carman out of toledo same time as you.
 #1295331  by jpm7672

Hello....I'm James and I start at the REDI on next Monday (10/6) for freight conductor. Can anyone currently in training shed some light on the training? Like most, only concerned about the signal test. Is it as difficult as some have stated? Did anyone fail the test and if so, how many attempts are you given?
 #1296292  by newcastleskip

hello everyone! I'm set to start training at the Redi on October 20th for the fright conductor position out of New Castle ,Pa.Anyone else starting conductor training at this time ,let me know!See you guys down there!
 #1296458  by papacarlock713

jpm7672 wrote:Hello....I'm James and I start at the REDI on next Monday (10/6) for freight conductor. Can anyone currently in training shed some light on the training? Like most, only concerned about the signal test. Is it as difficult as some have stated? Did anyone fail the test and if so, how many attempts are you given?
Signals tests may seem overwhelming but just study over them a little at a time the first 2 weeks, then week 3 hit it hard. Try to have all 3 tests done by the end of week 4, Tuesday of week 5 at the latest. Any later than that and you're gonna feel overwhelmed. Everyone takes tests differently, but i've hardly studied at all since i've been here, but paid good attention in class. I have a 96% average. Take that for what it's worth to ya.
 #1296573  by Ozzy1016

newcastleskip wrote:hello everyone! I'm set to start training at the Redi on October 20th for the fright conductor position out of New Castle ,Pa.Anyone else starting conductor training at this time ,let me know!See you guys down there!

I will be down there Oct 20
 #1296749  by joshua0131

I received an email from hr-csx on 9/25 telling me my start date was 10/20, but I have not received an email from the redi center yet as far as travel arrangements and all that. I'm less then 2 weeks from my start date, when should I expect that email?
 #1296996  by fatmatt129

joshua0131 wrote:I received an email from hr-csx on 9/25 telling me my start date was 10/20, but I have not received an email from the redi center yet as far as travel arrangements and all that. I'm less then 2 weeks from my start date, when should I expect that email?

i also start on 10/20 for carmen out of Selkirk NY. I received my REDI center info email last thursday. I know one of the emails stated you have to have your REDI conformation sent in ASAP and at least 10 days before class starts. Also if you are flying you need to advise them on the conformation of you flight information. My HR rep had told me when i got my word that i was ready to go, that if i hadn't received it 2 weeks prior to my start date then i was to call her. Maybe you should.
 #1297518  by FC76

Anyone going to REDI for the Oct. 20th start date carman painter?
 #1297963  by csxhobo

Can one of y'all that just done your strength test tell me if they still do the arm ergometer test. The machine that has bicycle pedals on it. A friend just got his conditional offer and I can't tell him if they still use it. Thanks
 #1298091  by joshua0131

csxhobo wrote:Can one of y'all that just done your strength test tell me if they still do the arm ergometer test. The machine that has bicycle pedals on it. A friend just got his conditional offer and I can't tell him if they still use it. Thanks

I didn't do that test. Just the Step Test, and the Biodex Test