Railroad Forums 

• AMDG Railroad Training Courses

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#526382  by tajsix

Can't they be taken to small claims court in cobb county? shouldn't we be able to recoup our money there? has anyone tried it as of now?

#526667  by turkeyhunter

:(
Last edited by turkeyhunter on Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #526686  by tajsix

whats the field trip to his house suppose to mean?
 #526687  by tajsix

one day someone will track down the guilty parties and blam it will all be over blood will run, its only a matter of time before someone goes off the deep end and take things into their own hands.
 #526728  by CSXhopeful

tajsix wrote:one day someone will track down the guilty parties and blam it will all be over blood will run, its only a matter of time before someone goes off the deep end and take things into their own hands.
I would suggest giving them the opportunity to make good the contract for refund they have mailed out,then take whatever legal action available if they default.

A person that would kill over 4500$ is already off the deep end.

#526772  by pablo

This entire thread is off the deep end.

If any of you rally do have a gripe, you need to be speaking to legal counsel. It's that simple. What we do have here, though, are people beginning to suggest that they should go and get their pound of flesh. That is a terrible idea. Furthermore, to the person that claims they know his number and address, if you supply that to anyone and something bad happens, you are on the hook for that.

I'm seeing some people that have a legitimate gripe, and other people that have jumped on the badwagon here. People that didn't even pay for the entire class anyway? Were you serious about a railroad job?

Furthermore, you all aren't the first people to have problems with thsi school. Did any of you do any research on this school before you dove in with both feet?

You all had better get to a lawyer's office. What you all had better not do is hide behind fake names and make threats or even suggestions about "going to someone's house". You all can be found by the powers that be, and I sincerely hope nothing bad happens.

Dave Becker
 #526841  by CSXhopeful

pablo wrote:This entire thread is off the deep end.

If any of you rally do have a gripe, you need to be speaking to legal counsel. It's that simple. What we do have here, though, are people beginning to suggest that they should go and get their pound of flesh. That is a terrible idea. Furthermore, to the person that claims they know his number and address, if you supply that to anyone and something bad happens, you are on the hook for that.

I'm seeing some people that have a legitimate gripe, and other people that have jumped on the badwagon here. People that didn't even pay for the entire class anyway? Were you serious about a railroad job?

Furthermore, you all aren't the first people to have problems with thsi school. Did any of you do any research on this school before you dove in with both feet?

You all had better get to a lawyer's office. What you all had better not do is hide behind fake names and make threats or even suggestions about "going to someone's house". You all can be found by the powers that be, and I sincerely hope nothing bad happens.

Dave Becker
I don't claim to know the name and address.I DO know the name and address.It is on public record.That's also how I got the phone #s too.

Anyone can look it up.The reason the address is important is not to "extract a lb. of flesh" but to have an address to serve the owner for civil legal action.You'll not see me suggesting anything different.Before you posted your reply to this post you'll see I cautioned against that.

To clear something up for you.In the past,this was the avenue CSX hired thru in our areas.There was no other way to get on.Many people dislike the idea of "paying "to get the job,but that's another argument and thread....If you wanted to get a job with CSX you dealt with AMDG or noone.Many people got their job in this manner without a hiccup.AMDG provided a good service to and for them.

Nobody on this thread had partial classes or voluntarily withdrew..

We paid in advance for services never received.

The gentlemen at AMDG know my full name,address,social security #3 contact phone #s for me.I'm not hiding my identity from them.They know me and are aware of this thread.

I think the contracted offer for refund is fair to both AMDG and the people they owe due to the circumstances that transpired.If it works out as planned I will be satisfied.

Your thoughts on non-violence are sound and well thought out.I would encourage you as a moderator to feel free to offer your insight,while also considering how you would respond if it was 4500$ you were missing.
Consider also that right now,although you suggested legal recourse,that is not an option by the terms of our recently received :-D contract.Should they default,your advice will be well considered.

Do also consider that the thread is not off the deepend,but rather some of the responses are heated.Should you feel a need to edit them or speak to them,please do,rather than downgrade the thread.Keep in mind,I didn't ask for it to be a sticky,but it was placed there by the forum administrater.Maybe he saw some value in it?

#526968  by pablo

The fact that it is stickied is not so that it can become something sensational filled with threats. It is stickied so that people can use this as a place to figure out what to do, or at least as a sounding board.

The simple fact if the matter is this:
1. Since they broke the contract, you should have legal recourse.

If you signed a contract that you threw money away without legal recourse, it would seem that you have just learned a valuable lesson about life.

I'm of the midset that you have legal recourse, especially if some people have gotten their money back.

Also, for the record, I'm not the moderator of this forum, but another one. This moderator is doing a fine job, and I do not wish anyone to think I am suggesting otherwise.

Dave Becker

#526981  by CSXhopeful

pablo wrote:The fact that it is stickied is not so that it can become something sensational filled with threats. It is stickied so that people can use this as a place to figure out what to do, or at least as a sounding board.

The simple fact if the matter is this:
1...1. Since they broke the contract, you should have legal recourse.

2...If you signed a contract that you threw money away without legal recourse, it would seem that you have just learned a valuable lesson about life.

3...I'm of the midset that you have legal recourse, especially if some people have gotten their money back.

4...Also, for the record, I'm not the moderator of this forum, but another one. This moderator is doing a fine job,
5..and I do not wish anyone to think I am suggesting otherwise.

Dave Becker

1..they've broken no contract.You are confused on this.
2..You are not aware of the stipulations.There is legal recourse,
IF the contract s not honored.
3...Some have,some haven't.some have received part of their money,depending on when they applied.
4..I'm aware of that.
5.Nobody has suggested that,yet.

I will answer you item by item in the next post..
 #526987  by CSXhopeful

I don't like to answer like this,but you seem determined to make a point about something you haven't been fuuly informed on.
pablo wrote: 1..This entire thread is off the deep end.

2..If any of you rally do have a gripe, you need to be speaking to legal counsel. It's that simple.

3..What we do have here, though, are people beginning to suggest that they should go and get their pound of flesh. That is a terrible idea. 4..Furthermore, to the person that claims they know his number and address, if you supply that to anyone and something bad happens, you are on the hook for that.

5..I'm seeing some people that have a legitimate gripe, and other people that have jumped on the badwagon here.

6.People that didn't even pay for the entire class anyway?

7.Were you serious about a railroad job?

8.Furthermore, you all aren't the first people to have problems with thsi school. Did any of you do any research on this school before you dove in with both feet?

9.You all had better get to a lawyer's office.

10.What you all had better not do is hide behind fake names and make threats or even suggestions about "going to someone's house". You all can be found by the powers that be, and I sincerely hope nothing bad happens.

Dave Becker
1..Some of the post are.The ones with an argumentative moderator,regretfully are among those also.

2."If any of you"..It seems all of us have a legitimate gripe.Some of us
have sought legal counsel.The amount owed is enough to bankrupt most small businesses.To avoid suc h problems,and as a good faith effort AMDG is trying to refund the money owed in a decent time frame,with interest.

3..I agree 100%.One does not justify the other.

4..With that said,it would stand to reason that whomever provided the forum for the info to be passed would be liable too.It's preposterous.If you asked me the way to a bank to "set up an acct" and I told you how to get there..would I be liable if you robbed it?If I gave public contact info to someone for a legitimate reason,and THEY committed a crime..It's not what I did that was criminal..

5..Bandwagon..who?All of the guys here who have responded except yourself and one guy who said he was glad not to have gone to work for CSX have paid and were owed.One lucky guy got his money back.

6..Please show me what post you are referring to.All here paid cash up front in entirety..

7..I have a railroad job...sounds like the others were pretty serious too.

8..Of course.They were in good standing with the BBB until this.They are
well respected in the online learning community and are affiliated with AOL@ school...Their owner speaks at seminars and other functions and serves on the board with another well respected private school.

9..That was the intention before the refund offer was extended to those owed.In the best interest of AMDG and the students,it seems best at this juncture to accept those terms.

10..Again,I agree.While not known to you,the folks at AMDG and a few other here know exactly who I am..

Again.I am not wanting,or trying,to argue with you but attempting to clarify the situation..

I hope that is your intent also.

#526998  by pablo

Rampant silliness and foolishness here. Let's deal with the first post.

1. I am not confused by this. If you paid money to attend college, and then the college was cancelled or you were otherwise unable to attend due to actions by the college, in fact there was a contract broken. Correct me if I am wrong. If there was no contract, then why is anyone complaining?

2. This contradicts your first point. It makes no sense. "There is legal recourse if the contract is not honored." Was the contract honored? It seems not. If it was honored, again, why are you complaining?

3. It sounds like they are working there way through the refunds, and everyone will get theirs in due time. I certainly hope you all do. $4500 is no joke.

4 and 5. No one suggested I was moderating this forum, but it was referenced that I was a moderator, and I wished to be clear.

Now, to the most recent post.

1. Don't suggest I'm off the deep end. You clearly don't know me, know anything about me, and as I clarified above, it seems you don't even know what you know.

2. Sounds good. It's what I referenced above...an so why are people complaining?

3. Skipped.

4. Check law, my boy. If you provided said information and later it was found that your information facilitated some sort of action against that person, you could well be found liable in a civil court. Also, what purpose does it serve to suggest that you have and can provide the location for the owner of this school? This is at least an attempt at bragging (foaming) about having the information, and I can easily make the jump, proven by other posts here, that it is meant to intimidate. It's uncalled for and should be deleted from this thread, as well as later references to it.

5. I feel worst about my bad spelling. But there's a bandwagon here, or drumming to get on it.

6 and beyond. As I have said above, there is much unnecessary language here for something that is in process of being resolved. So, the question then is: why?

Dave Becker
 #527004  by tajsix

if you lost your home because of a mere $4500.00 what would you do? where would your family live? could you maybe lose it?
 #527074  by CSXhopeful

The contract I am reffering to is the one for the refund.it is the one with the stipulations.Obviously there was payment for a service not rendered,I think that is what you are talking about with regars to a broken contract.

we are not talking about the same things here.A person has legal recourse in getting their money back if it isn't refunded.Obviously.The contract with the refund forgoes legal action as long as they are paying it back.That is what I'm referring to.

As far as off the deep end,its ok for you to say,but not for anyone else.?.Let me remind you,you don't know us either.Most likely a few guys are just venting their frustration here.If it's anything different,they are liable for their actions....If you really think someone is in danger,I would suggest you collect IP addresses on those you have determined to be psychopaths and perhaps delete this thread in an effort to protect people everywhere... :-D

The reason for all the talk over something in the process of being resolved is because when this thread started,there were many people trying to reach a company that had closed and moved it's physical location.There was no phone contact for them being returned and no forwarding address.They couldn't be reached.Calls not returned,certified letters not being signed.Hence the need for an address to contact the elusive owner.I reside in the state,not far from the owner.Others here are several states away.We are all in the same circumstance and trying to get it resolved collectivly rather than have one or two people get paid,drive the co. into banruptcy and the rest be left in the cold...

Since then,it is in the process of being resolved.Slowly but surely.Rest assured,we would not be discussing this at all if we all knew the money was on the way,or had been contacted positivly by them earlier.

You may be a bright guy sir,but I can promise you that you haven't had a thought here yet that the others of us haven't covered in phone calls or pm.s with each other.

Instead of trying to bang your point home,why don't you wait until you have something helpful to contribute to the rest of us?Do you know a lawyer that will take this on contingency should this last attempt at a refund fail?That would help. Do you know a governmental agency that would force them to pay us more promptly?That would help.Have you heard of a similar circumstance,like maybe the "helicopter schools" failing and perhaps know of a better way through that circumstance we could employ? That woud help.

Really..If you can help,help.You've made the point that violence toward anyone should not be taken...I concur..No one is arguing with that.

Other than that,why continue trying to bash fellow members of a website you are a moderator on?I don't see anything positive in that.

#527263  by turkeyhunter

CSXhopeful that was a good post on explaining the situation. I really hope everyone gets their money back.

#527308  by pablo

Some of the people here have advocated violence of threatening behavior, whether explicit (turkeyhunter) or implicit (CSXhopeful).

The lack of consideration for this point alone is a concern, not to mention the lack of reading comprehension here. Your flippant joke about "collecting everyone's IP addresses to protect everyone" is well oevr the top. Workplace violence happens everywhere, often where there is no warning...and here we see multiple suggestions about going to someone's house. Unnecessary.

If you missed the suggestions I made to you and your crew of upset individuals, again, well, there's not much I can say. Hopefully, this will be about the last we all hear of this. You won't have to "play" with me anymore...thankfully.

Dave Becker