Railroad Forums 

• Assistant Signalman Training in Kansas City

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#494276  by sandya

Can someone please tell me how long is the first training class for Assistant Signalman in Kansas City? Is it one weeks or two? I think it's a circuits class. Thanks so much for your help!

#494465  by peorge

for csx you start with a 2 week oriantation class. after that their are 3 two week courses and a 1 week final class over the next 2 years. from what i gather around here all the rr seem to do the same things so i am sure kc will be similar.

peorge

#494466  by peorge

Komachi wrote:A question best asked in the employment forum.
this is the employment forum?

peorge

#494560  by UPRR engineer

He moved it there dude. He's a Mod.

#494647  by Peace_Maker

All of your signal journeyman classes at KC will be 2 weeks long, unless you pay for them yourself and it is one six week class.

Your first class will start 6-8 months after your hire date and you will go to school every 6-8 months until you complete 4 classes.

The first class covers.

"What I learned in first session. OHM's law, track circuits, signal aspects, FRA rules, BNSF standards, multimeter operation, batteries, basic trouble shooting, and ABS . "

If you have anymore questions just ask.

#494651  by Peace_Maker

sorry for the double post.