Railroad Forums 

• BNSF New Hire Question

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1212964  by Engineer Spike

Your brother would be a good insider for information. Sometimes they keep you hanging until the last second. I hired out in 1997. They called the successful candidates to report on a Friday noon. Some left their previous jobs for lunch, only to never return.

They may just call last minute. They do this to see if you can just drop everything for them.Its like being 4 times out on the board, only to get a surprise call, as the last 3 guys dove, or they called 4 jobs at once.
 #1231498  by Safety Hobo

Another New Hire Question: Does anyone have a link to study guides for Student Conductors like myself. It's been a long time since High School/ & College. I feel like I have Attention Deficit Disorder with all of this academic study required. Test sections to study especially? Any other tips you have would help a lot. Thanks!
 #1233916  by railroadwannabe

I recently applied at bnsf and went through the interview and conditional job offer stuff. I recieved a msg saying I cleared my back ground
took all my med tests and passed and passed the strength test. I then recieved a letter saying i did not pass my my back ground check.
What do I do? I didn't check my mail because I thought I passed everything and now its been past 5 days to fix the problem. HELP ME PLEASE
 #1235133  by COEN77

Only thing I can think of is contact BNSF HR. They're the ones with the answers. Explain things just like you did here that you didn't check the message within the 5 days. Don't delay it any longer makes it look bad.
 #1235217  by jz441

In order for you to correct the problem, you will have to find out why you didn't pass the background check.
 #1235307  by railroadwannabe

Good news

I e mailed bnsf hr and they said I passed everything and my projected start date is jan 6th, but not to give my resignation at my current job until I recieve the
final offer e mail. They said I should recieve it 2- 3 weeks before my start date. Does this sound normal to anybody else that works for BNSF? Since the sent a letter saying I failed my background check. First Advantage said everything looked good.
 #1235356  by jz441

Generally, when there is a discrepancy with the background check, the HR will request more information. When someone fails the background check, it's due to false information on the application.
 #1249097  by Safety Hobo

The topic of this thread relates to BNSF New Hires & I'll answer my own question... Here's something that will help new hires/conductor trainees study:
Quiz website: http://quizlet.com/subject/bnsf/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Download a Final Exam Study Guide: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni8se22chgbe9as/book.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

YW