Railroad Forums 

• When/how often, do the conductor trainee courses take place?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1179285  by operatingengineer

I've gone through all the steps of being hired, I am now waiting on the email letting me know where to go to take the drug test and physical. I was told to pick 3 locations I would be willing to transfer to and work at. My first choice was San Antonio TX, second choice was Kansas city (where I am currently located) and Galveston TX was my third choice. When being interviewed I was told that they would give me a minimum of 30 days to relocate. However, she did not say When the next conductor trainee course would be starting. Any insight would be a blessing thank you!
 #1183229  by slchub

What RR are you taking about?

If you have not made a choice by now, you better make it soon about where you would like to work/live. If you start out with the UP say in KCI and would like to transfer down to Texas in 10 years, you better think about it. A transfer with the UP is very difficult as a trainman, and nearly impossible once you are an engineer.