Railroad Forums 

• L&HR roundhouse that use to exist at Warwick, NY

• Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail
Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail

Moderator: David

#1180489  by walterconklin

Hello,

Does anyone on the list have any close-up images which show what the exterior of the L&HR roundhouse that use to exist at Warwick yard looked like? If you do have any images of the roundhouse, would you be willing to please share them with me? The reason why I raise these inquiries coupled together is because I am also searching for a 3D model of a roundhouse that resembles the actual Warwick roundhouse to place the former on the L&HR route for the Microsoft Train Simulator platform. I am aware of the images of the roundhouse on Marty's L&HR scrapbook. I am also interested to find out did the L&HR originally have a roundhouse at Hudson yard.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Walter Conklin
 #1188264  by NYS&W142Fan

Walter,
I confirmed with a friend of mine that there was a turntable at Hudson Yard and a small engine house. If you look at Historical Aerial photos you can see the turntable in the 56-57 photos. The location of it is where the Northern most treatment pit is for the Chemical Company today.