Railroad Forums 

• Lehigh Valley Tugboats

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#553689  by Otto Vondrak

I enjoyed seeing the pictures of the LV tug in drydock. Tugboats are like icebergs- what you see above water is just the tip... sometimes it's easy to forget the part of the boat that no one sees beneath the surface. How long has the Cornell been in its restored LV condition?
 #553801  by Nova55

About a year now..All the original LV details are being added as well, such as yellow lettering, the mast will be going back up very soon and 24 tires were added this week. She also got another coat of Red this month.
 #554035  by CAR_FLOATER

OK, I thought I posted a response, UNLESS it was removed, so I'll try again......
Otto Vondrak wrote:So I'll bite, what's the PANTONE color for LV Cornell Red? :-D
I really dunno Otto, I never checked my Pantone book.....Didn't really end up caring in the end to be honest, because I am usually not picky about the Cornell Red on my models at least, I figure just as long as one company's idea of CR isn't not too horribly off from the others, then it's fine by me.....Here's an interesting discussion about the subjectiveness of Cornell Red in regards to the Cornell -

http://forums.railfan.net/forums.cgi?bo ... 1185109689

CF
 #554049  by Otto Vondrak

Color is indeed subjective... we all know what looks right to our own eye. I've seen some Cornell Red's that are very very red, and some that tend to go a little dark, almost to a maroon. Thought it was an interesting discussion that sprouted up on that other board, especially when PANTONE books were mentioned!

Anyone here going on the Cornell trip this weekend?

-otto-
 #554144  by Nova55

Ill be one of the deckhands this weekend. (and the next 3..) :-D Got another trip going if anyone is interested on July 20th..PM me for details.
Last edited by Nova55 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #556085  by Nova55

Cornell has been reunited with her original folding mast and yellow lettering..

#558223  by Nova55

Tied up at Pier 66 last night...which is an old Carfloat. Im sure she looks alot different from when you seen her last Ralph!