Six new updates added to the page(s)
1. New LV caboose found!
LV 95004, Lee Mass.
http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM8Q ... Lee_MA_USA
Thanks to Roger Kirkpatrick for the link.
I did a little digging, and discovered its located at the "Sullivan Station Restaurant"
I emailed the restaurant, asking if they knew the Conrail number, or any other numbers..
they wrote back and said their caboose was Conrail 18679.
which according to: http://crcaboose.railfan.net/renum.htm
makes it LV 95004!
2. Another LV caboose found! but its LV number is currently unknown.
again, thanks to Roger Kirkpatrick for tracking this one down.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tall_dude/ ... [email protected]
This caboose belongs to the "Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Railway." of Iowa.
and it is their caboose No. 755? (cant tell the middle digit from the photo, I think its a 5)
AAR reporting marks CIC. CIC also has two ex-Reading North Eastern cabooses.
3. Big news! one of the parade float models built at the Sayre shops has been FOUND! in California:
see this thread for details:
http://forums.railfan.net/forums.cgi?bo ... 1287897981
I assumed it was steel, but it might be made of wood.
(although it looks like metal..)
Dominic, the owner, never did respond with his plans for it..
but its continued survival at this point is probably quite secure.
see the "other" page for more detail.
4. LV Alco C420 414 has been sold! To the Delaware-Lackawanna railroad.
Updated some sad news on two LV U-boats:
5. LV 508 is now LTEX 2784. this could be a bad sign.
6. and LV 509 is now OOS, (since 2009) she was known operating in 2004.
See the locomotives page for more details on these locomotives.