• Another LVRR SD70 photo surfaces..

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

by Lehighrrgreg

Thats a pretty good model. The what-if's are the depressing thing about being an LV nut. I am not sure if anyone has heard the same rumor I have, but someone that apparently knew or spoke with J. Nash was told about a possible overhaul of the LV look that was several years in the making, had it survived Conrail or allowed to operate with its own paint. Involving a combination of the experimental #301 highnose and brighter u23B style red. It may be complete garbage but thats what I was told. It would have been interesting to find out.

by fglk

Ever wonder what the paint job would have been like if the STB had allowed the Lehigh and the Reading to merge like they had proposed befor Conrail. that and the name they might have had?

by scottychaos

Lehigh & Reading Railroad
Reading & Lehigh Railroad
Reading Valley Railroad (nah..gotta have "Lehigh" in there)
or how about simply:
Lehigh Valley & Reading Railroad! :)

paint schemes?
ugh..LV and Reading schemes dont mix well! ;)
red, green and yellow?! :o

Scot
  by Lehighrrgreg

I have an idea what the new company would have been called....Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad :)

by Lehigh Valley Railroad

Very fine work! like it alot!