Railroad Forums 

• LV Buffalo Terminal - new website.

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#503081  by scottychaos

Someone has put together a great webpage about the LV Buffalo terminal!

http://wnyheritagepress.org/photos_week ... rminal.htm

I couldnt find a name associated with the page..
if anyone knows who made it, let us know so we can give him/her credit and thanks! :P

Scot

#503273  by GOLDEN-ARM

I might be 'oversimplifying" this, but didn't the Western New York, Heritage Press build the page? the article seems to have been lifted directly from the "Heritage Magazine", winter edition, which I linked to at the very bottom of the page. Either way, it's a nice addition to what's out there already, regarding the "end of the line", for our long lost Valley. Would make a nice beginning (or ending) for a similar styled BOOK, about passenger facilities across the entire Route of the Black Diamond....... :-D
Thanks Scot, for posting that link <LV>

(if you click on the first picture, you move to an automated map, that overlays the terminal from above, through various years)

#503562  by Otto Vondrak

Good to have links to the information, either way. I like how the NYC, LV, and DLW had stations and terminals not more than a block away from each other!

#503575  by scottychaos

GOLDEN-ARM wrote:I might be 'oversimplifying" this, but didn't the Western New York, Heritage Press build the page?
well yeah..technically I suppose.
but I was thinking more of an actual name..

sort of like a book..
the publisher is "Morning Sun Books" but the actual author is Robert J. Yanosey. (to use a LV example)

In the case of the Buffalo terminal webpage,
the "publisher" is Western New York Heritage Press,
but the author is...who?

thats what I was thinking..

Scot

#503758  by GOLDEN-ARM

I've contacted the Heritage Press, and asked them for that info. Praising them for the work, and thanking them profusely, hopefully they will respond shortly........... :-D
BTW, I'm liking Otto's new avatar. Not quite the A.W.E.S.O.M.O. 2000, but pretty cool nonetheless........ :-D

#504186  by GOLDEN-ARM

Cool bit of info, Otto! Here's a response, about your question, Scot:
Dear Dave,
Thank you for your compliment on the web photo story of the Lehigh Valley Terminal. I researched and wrote it and, as part of my research, read web pages put together by LVRR enthusiasts and former employees, who clearly loved the railroad. One visitor said of her trip to Buffalo that the LVRR terminal was very handsome, "lots of polished brass." I never saw it, sorry to say.

I'm glad you enjoyed the story!

Susan Eck
Web Manager
WNY Heritage Press
I hope this answers that question, and as I told Susan, her work was outstanding, and I was hoping she would do more work, on railroad related articles. regards..... :wink:

#504210  by BR&P

Retired safety mascot??? I thought it was the newest thing in railroad employees - a robot to operate the remote, thereby removing the last vestiges of human presence on a train crew.

#504480  by onder

Who was the architect for the station?

#509606  by NYSW3614

Says so on the main page.

The SD45