Railroad Forums 

• Old loading dock in Easton lettered "LVRR"?

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#37423  by NJ Vike

I took a much need break from work today and headed to Phillipsburg to relax and take in the sights.

I crossed over to Easton and see what appears to be an old loading dock that has the words Lehigh Valley still in tact. When was it last used?

Thanks

Ken

#37431  by wis bang

Like a twist of fate; I recall all the lettering on the LV station being re-painted maybe late 60's early 70's The loading dock you see as you drive across the third street bridge was the REA unloading area the REA trucks were all loaded on the other side of the building. Local businesses also received boxcars into the same area. I remember my Dad worked part time for Stahley TV & Appliance & they used to get shipments from Speed Queen; they got a special price for taking a whole boxcar of merchandise...

The Passinger Station used to be up on top & just a short way west on Canal street was the laundry & a crossing to the cold storage [Armour Meats in the 60's.] just alongside the tower leading to the yard...

#37723  by NJ Vike

wis bang wrote:Like a twist of fate; I recall all the lettering on the LV station being re-painted maybe late 60's early 70's The loading dock you see as you drive across the third street bridge was the REA unloading area the REA trucks were all loaded on the other side of the building. Local businesses also received boxcars into the same area. I remember my Dad worked part time for Stahley TV & Appliance & they used to get shipments from Speed Queen; they got a special price for taking a whole boxcar of merchandise...

The Passinger Station used to be up on top & just a short way west on Canal street was the laundry & a crossing to the cold storage [Armour Meats in the 60's.] just alongside the tower leading to the yard...
Thanks for the information. Speed Queen? I haven't heard that in a loooong time.

Ken