• SAW THE STECKLER BOOK FOR SALE <LV>

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

by GOLDEN-ARM

I saw the LV Diesel Locomotive all time paint scheme book for sale, for those who might need it. Here's the link....... :-D STECKLER
  by LocoEngineer7

GOLDEN-ARM wrote:I saw the LV Diesel Locomotive all time paint scheme book for sale, for those who might need it. Here's the link....... :-D STECKLER
I've had the book since it was published and it is a nice effort. Main problem I have always had with it is that the book is in BLACK and WHITE. With the exception of the snowbird scheme (also b&w) it really doesn't do justice to the colors of the paint schemes which is its stated purpose...

Good thing I already know what color of red is Cornell red...

Rick

by GOLDEN-ARM

Asked Carl about doing it in color. He's not sure about the viability, and he informed me lots of the pics he used, were in fact B&W in the first place. The stuff he used is not going to be true to life, due to color shifting, and the book is really a primer, to showcase the variations, with the end user interpreting the colors for himself. Trust me, I tried hard to get a color copy from him........ :wink: