Railroad Forums 

• Memories of the Lehigh Valley on RFDTV

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#415408  by JhnZ33

In case you didn't know, RFDTV runs Trains and Locomotives every Monday at 6:00 PM EST and this week's show is Memories of the Lehigh Valley.

The program will air again Tuesday at 2 AM and again on Saturday at 9 AM. In case you missed it or forgot to record it.

John

#415447  by dansapo

Thank GOD for inventing tivo

:-D

#415731  by CarterB

I watched/recorded it. Good show, with many diff prime movers and some good PRR/LV transfer shots of passenger trains at NK tower. Didn't realize that the LV had so darn many paint schemes!!!

The few steam shots of the streamlined K6B Pacifics were great, as were those of the Alco PA's and FA's, and the gas-electric being turntabled.

All in all, a good showing.

#415738  by dansapo

CarterB wrote: Didn't realize that the LV had so darn many paint schemes!!!
Best T&L yet.
LV was good for having many different paint jobs. No such thing as having the incorrect cornell red.Pick a shade and you'll be close.
Interesting show.It makes me happy to see the Finger lakes(Geneva) were included. :-D

#417280  by JhnZ33

Just a reminder for those who missed it, this morning at 9:00 AM eastern, this show will be rebroadcasted.

Set your recorders and enjoy!

JJP

#418338  by GOLDEN-ARM

CarterB wrote: Didn't realize that the LV had so darn many paint schemes!!!
At last count, it was 58 different schemes, on the diesels.......... :-D I'm not sure any other road ever came anywhere close to that. Not counting roads that merged, and ended up with other roads junk, but, like the Valley, a single road, start to finish, with anywhere near the variety we got to enjoy.