Railroad Forums 

• New Tour - Towanda Monroeton Shippers Lifeline

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#30690  by jmp883

Thanks for the flashbacks.......

I was born and grew up in Sayre, it's unbelieveable to see how much is gone! Unfortunately I don't get back home as much as I'd like to (or should), but after seeing what's not left of the Sayre yards and shops I'm not sure I'd want to (with apologies to my family still living there).

Never did get a chance to check out the TMSL but it's nice to see it's surviving and that there are plans for it to resume service once that roadwork is finished. Maybe I'll have to take a roadtrip/railfan trip back home this summer.

Joe P :D
Long Live The EL (and LV)
www.geocities.com/jmpwpd29
 #31009  by Lehighrrgreg

TMSL has to be one of the neatest operations going. I saw their switcher once while we(NS) were at Sylvania spotting cars there. It is so neat. I would give anything to have my own railroad operation like that. I wish NS would sell more old LV line to people like the R&N so they could come up to Sayre. I guess what I am getting at is themed LV passenger excursions involving the U23B.

#31174  by Tamping Pick

TOWANDA/MONROETON SHIPPERS LIFELINE = TMSS, on NS(CR). On Conrail,this was NOT part of the ALBANY Division,was a part of Philly Div. And track mait. was out of Beth.
I was trackforeman for this line after "96 flood(washed out big time).(for Joe) Which the line was embargoed for a SP box car. The car sat for about a year, till funding came about. The SW that runs on the line is NOT anyway close to LV equipment.NO LV equipment is on the line. The baggage car is ex-EL,as is the 40'box,And the caboose is NH. And photos and specs. were posted by me on other places, on #26.Chris does have most of the early (pre aband.) history right.The county would LOVE to see Joe go belly up, ain't happenin'. I will remain HUS,HUS. on the future of this line. Please no BS here.
PICK