Railroad Forums 

• Elmira Cortland & Northern/Elmira-Ithaca Questions

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#407978  by TB Diamond

Per Shelden King: The Lehigh Valley Railroad had a turntable and 4-stall engine house north of the passenger station at E. 5th and Baldwin Sts. in Elmira, NY. No info on the disposition of these structures, however.

The LVRR freight house, mentioned above, was located on the corner of East 5th. and Baldwin Streets.
 #948367  by bobs28ford

I found this site for the first time today. I am interested in the EC&N RR from Van Etten to West Candor and Snyder Station. I have been working on this project for many years and hAve collected photos of Snyder Station, Spencer, and West Candor. I also hAve a photo of a train wreck in West Candor.

I am and have been looking for many years for a photo of the EC&N Station at Spencer. It was on South Main Street and burned around 1910. It was renamed the East Station when taken over by Lehigh Valley. I would love to get a photo of this station. I have seen one but it is a blownup photo of Spencer or a Birdseye photo that shows it in the distance.

Thank you,
Bob