Railroad Forums 

• Manchester Roundhouse

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#348980  by Erie13

When was that article posted? Do you know that date when that all took place? Any news on what happening with the 2 cabooses? Hey scot just to let you know that Buffalo southern 107 is for sale ex-LVRR 151. So is #105. Being I am not from NY how long ago is that recent news?

#349022  by kemay59

Sorry, there was no date on the news item. I have not heard or seen anything in the local news media that confirms the deal. It may just be hearsay for all I know.
 #349030  by Erie13

Do you belong to the historical society? If so I have been trying to contact them with no luck. I would like to get them on board with me on this so that they have a place to setup a museum and display pieces of equipment. Do you know of any LVRR steam locomtovies in existance?
 #349052  by scottychaos

Erie13 wrote: Hey scot just to let you know that Buffalo southern 107 is for sale ex-LVRR 151. So is #105.
cool! thanks for the info..hopefully they will carry on somewhere...I will keep on eye on their sale.
Erie13 wrote: Do you know of any LVRR steam locomtovies in existance?
Sadly, no LV steam survives..
there are quite a few LV diesels however that are prime preservation canidates..Info on the entire surviving LV fleet can be found here:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~scottychaos/

Scot
 #349092  by Erie13

Hey scot great web site. Lots of good information. I am surprised that no steam survived what so ever. I don't see any passenger cars either. Those 2 cabooses, what shape are they in? If I had only known when I was there. From your pic they seem to be in bad shape. Is the U-boat still at RMDI?

Re:

#349094  by Erie13

Hey scot forgot to ask about information on SW! LVRR 119? Do you know what preservation group has it and what they are doing with it?

#349161  by scottychaos

passenger cars are listed! :P
on the "other surviving stuff" page:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~scottychaos ... other.html

and cabooses:

http://gold.mylargescale.com/Scottychao ... umber.html

I dont know anything new about 119..everything I know is already on the webpage..its probably safe to say she is just sitting there, biding her time..
dormant but safe.

Scot
 #349580  by Erie13

Hey Scot, Do you know who owns the five box cars that are near the roundhouse? I'm looking to find out the ownership. If u have a name of a comapny that owns them much appreciated.

#349595  by Brad Smith

One of the (many) reasons that has me convinced you're completely full of bull**** is that to undertake a project such as this roundhouse restoration that you keep insisting is a go, you must be resourceful and pro-active, which you clearly are not. Instead of getting all of us to do your research for you, a resourceful you would have already found the answers to your gazillion questions. For example, the first thing you should have done when coming to this web site was to use the search engine and type in the word "Manchester". You would have then known that there were two cabeese awaiting display just down the street from the round house, and you would also know one or two of those boxcars are slated to be moved and displayed elsewhere.
http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33599

You could have then typed in search words relating to the Thruway or I-90 and found several threads about lines that are within sight of or cross over/under said highway.
http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27171

Or maybe I'm the dumb one because in the end, in my attempt to prove my point, I did indeed do your homework for you!
 #349618  by kemay59

Erie13 wrote:Do you belong to the historical society? If so I have been trying to contact them with no luck. I would like to get them on board with me on this so that they have a place to setup a museum and display pieces of equipment. Do you know of any LVRR steam locomtovies in existance?
Erie 13,

You may contact the LVRRHS by email at [email protected].
 #349627  by Erie13

Why don't you buzz off somewhere else. Becuase I just became a member in Jan. I think your full of something else too. Do you work for a railway company? Becuase you sure don't sound like it or an enthusiast either. Why should I care what u say anyways. I don't see you doing anything on here. It sounds like to me that you don't care one bit about preservation. All I was asking for on here was a little help. So once again buzz off.

#349652  by keeper1616

Personal attacks on this site will not be tolerated. You may continue this topic if you wish in another thread, but this one is done...

Consider this to be a warning for both of you. Take it off list.