Railroad Forums 

• Update to the LV survivors page.

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#192521  by dj_paige

scottychaos wrote:A much needed aesthetic update.
new style! and general housekeeping.
Nice job, Scot (as always)!
 #192727  by Matt Langworthy

there is one thing you may ant to addto the U23B list on the survivors page- which U-boat is slated for preservation in Sayre? A little info and a pciture might be sueful there. A minor quibble about an otherwise great site...
 #192744  by scottychaos

Matt Langworthy wrote:there is one thing you may ant to addto the U23B list on the survivors page- which U-boat is slated for preservation in Sayre? A little info and a pciture might be sueful there. A minor quibble about an otherwise great site...
we still dont know which one its going to be..
either 501 or 511.
im not even sure if Greg knows yet..
from what I understand, RMDI is going to pick out the better of the two for Sayre..
ever since this preservation project began, no one has known for sure which of the two is coming to Sayre..
and as far as I know, its still unknown..

Scot
 #192977  by caboose9

scottychaos said, "An aesthetic update and general housekeeping."

Hi Scot,

A few thoughts on the caboose survivor list:

Cazenovia, NY - as we now know, 95128 did NOT move to Canastota;

Harmon, NY - is this where 95082 is stored?

Manchester, NY - do you have a location for 95100?

Avis, PA - 95127 is now in Perkaise, PA, owned by Wm. Warner, 1244 Broad St.

Mahoningtown, PA - 95117 or 95122 (ex-LEF&C 11 or 12) is in Downingtown Park, Rt. 18.

Titusville, PA - based on the source of the motel cabooses, 95009 is almost certainly their car, not 95069.

Cheers, Roger

#192986  by scottychaos

thanks Roger,
I will get those changes made to the list!

I made a guess of Harmon for the MN caboose.
I dont know that for certain, but since harmon is the main yard/shops of the MN, it seemed the most obvious choice.
I dont know where else MN would store MOW equipment when not in use.

but..I probably shouldnt guess.
that is bad researching! ;)
I will change that to "metro north system" for location.

Scot
 #193039  by caboose9

scottychaos said, "I made a guess of Harmon for the MN caboose."

I'd say the photos of the LV/MN cabooses you found support your guess of Harmon Yard! Roger