Railroad Forums 

• Stenciling details on LV X58 boxcars

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#178588  by edschaller

Rail Yard models is about to release an exquisite resin & photo-etched brass kit of the PRR X58 50 ft exterior post plug door boxcar, and Gene Fusco is working on the decals for the LV versions. See the RYM web site for photos of the preproduction model.

http://www.railyardmodels.com/pages/955976/index.htm

I sent him the LV painting diagram from the ARHS archives, but that does not include the trust stencil that was in theupper right hand corner on each side. If anyone has a photo that shows this wording clearly, or knows the wording or at least the financing institution, please contact me and I will relay the info to Gene.

Ed Schaller
ARHS Modeling Committee
ed at lvrrmodeler dot net

#178920  by GRSJr

Sorry Ed, none of my pictures show it clear enough to read. In fact, I don't see it at all on the white cars, only on the green cars.

#179391  by GOLDEN-ARM

Greetings Ed !!!! I received my 18 "pup" kits, with no problems. (now you know my RR.net handle) I have a series of photos, I shot of these cars, by shooting one car, with one frame of film, for each vertical panel, on one side of a car, for just this reason. If time is not a factor, I can provide you a clear photo, of the entire car, panel by panel. Now, the caveat. I am currently working on the Meridian and Bigbee, in Alabama, and cannot access the shots, until I am done. IF time is not a factor, I can hook you up, as soon as I return to my Valley "warehouse". If time is critical, try contacting Ralph, AKA car-floater, on this forum, or I will try Fred, and send him your contact info, unless you already know how to get him. In fact, I will PM you his Email, and give him a heads-up. Regards :-D