Railroad Forums 

• My LV History Book

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#1140650  by therudycometh

The new hardcover edition of my LV book is now available!

If you're interested in learning more, visit http://www.garbelypublishing.com/public ... -1965-1976!
 #1140822  by umtrr-author

I can't resist copying one of the pre-publication reviews of Rudy's book:
"Mr. Garbely has done an amazing piece of original research. . . . He did a magnificent job in both the conception and execution of this paper. . . . So few students are interested in business and corporate history, and Mr. Garbely is exceptionally talented at it." - Dr. Richard Saunders, Jr., professor of history at Clemson University and author of Merging Lines: American Railroads, 1900-1970 and Main Lines: Rebirth of the North American Railroads, 1970–2002
This is high praise indeed-- Dr. Saunders' two books are among the best I have ever read on the subject... and if he thinks that Rudy did a great job, I am very sure he did!

Best of luck with the book. Spread the word!
 #1141018  by therudycometh

umtrr-author wrote:I can't resist copying one of the pre-publication reviews of Rudy's book:
"Mr. Garbely has done an amazing piece of original research. . . . He did a magnificent job in both the conception and execution of this paper. . . . So few students are interested in business and corporate history, and Mr. Garbely is exceptionally talented at it." - Dr. Richard Saunders, Jr., professor of history at Clemson University and author of Merging Lines: American Railroads, 1900-1970 and Main Lines: Rebirth of the North American Railroads, 1970–2002
This is high praise indeed-- Dr. Saunders' two books are among the best I have ever read on the subject... and if he thinks that Rudy did a great job, I am very sure he did!

Best of luck with the book. Spread the word!
Thanks George! Dr. Saunders was actually involved towards the tail end of the writing process, and offered some very constructive advice as to how to expand in some places and add new information. He was somewhat personally invested, having grown up in Buffalo in the 1950s and worked for the New York Central as a clerk during his summers off from high school - he handled the interchange with the LV! Very interesting guy to talk to and learn from.
 #1205772  by Earle Baldwin

Hi, Rudy.

I purchased a copy of your book at the Greenberg-Edison show yesterday. It's very well researched and I'm finding it to be an immensely enjoyable read. Thanks for taking the time to make such a wonderful volume available to the rest of us. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the first volume of your M&E titles in a few weeks.

Best regards,

Bob
 #1219922  by therudycometh

Earle Baldwin wrote:Hi, Rudy.

I purchased a copy of your book at the Greenberg-Edison show yesterday. It's very well researched and I'm finding it to be an immensely enjoyable read. Thanks for taking the time to make such a wonderful volume available to the rest of us. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the first volume of your M&E titles in a few weeks.

Best regards,

Bob
Bob,

Thanks for taking the time to read it! Glad you enjoyed it, and I hope you've gotten your hands on a copy of my M&E Volume 1 already!

Rudy