Railroad Forums 

• Lehigh Valley tug CORNELL now for sale....

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#112035  by 498

I recently saw a marine sales listing offering the former Lehigh Valley Railroad tug CORNELL for sale. The listing was placed by Authentic Yachts in Annapolis, Maryland and had an asking price of $95,000. The vessel was built by Jakobson Shipyard. The listing incorrectly identifies her as the last surviving Lehigh Valley tug (the tug CAPMOORE, built a little later than CORNELL, is still around).

#112321  by 498

Looks like the sales representative is a member of many organizations and maybe they are just "fishing" to check out the potential.

Last time I checked CAPMOORE was still stored out of service in Boston. She had an odd failure in the reduction gear lube oil system that wiped a bearing. The boat is actually in better structural shape than just about all the surviving TAMS railroad boats except the ex-Virginian W. R. COE (that boat, owned by Boston Towing, was in superb condition last time I saw it).

When Curtis Bay Towing had the CAPMOORE as the HAWKINS POINT, they regularly had her blasted down to the metal and properly reprimed, and the deckhouse and bulwarks are still is amazingly good shape even though her present coat of paint is faded. I do not know what her future is likely to be though, or what plans ETB has for her.

#165362  by Charlotte

Yes, the Mighty Tug Cornell is for sale. Captain Tom Teague listed it with Authenitc Yachts this past spring. The boat is currently in Havre de Grace, Maryland. For more information, Captain Teague can be reached by e-mail at [email protected]. Thank you.