• Lehigh Valley's Buffalo, NY Interchange Locations

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
  by XC Tower

Looking for information on where, how, and with which railroads that the Lehigh Valley interchanged with in Buffalo....
I appreciate any help regarding this.

XC
  by umtrr-author

There would be a multitude of answers to this depending on time period. For starters, here is a list from the July 1963 Official Railway Equipment Register, which lists such things... I've added nearby interchange points as well.

Baltimore and Ohio - Buffalo
Buffalo Creek - Bufflo
Grand Trunk Railway System (CN, really, but in the USA that is the official name) - Buffalo, East Buffalo and Suspension Bridge
Chesapeake and Ohio, Northern Region - Suspension Bridge
Erie Lackawanna - Buffalo and East Buffalo, also North Tonawanda (via NYC)
Michigan Central (yes, really listed!) - Buffalo/Black Rock, Suspension Bridge
New York Central - Buffalo, Niagara Falls, North Tonawanda, Suspension Bridge
New York, Chicago and St. Louis (Nickel Plate) - Buffalo
Niagara Junction - Niagara Falls (via NYC)
Pennsylvania - Buffalo/Tifft St., East Buffalo
South Buffalo - Lackawanna (tagged as part of the "Buffalo Switching District")
Wabash - Suspension Bridge/Niagara Falls, Ontario
  by XC Tower

Thank you so much for the informative list, which included more railroads than I thought! (Forgot about the B & O and others)
One further question: When mentioning an interchange location as East Buffalo, does that mean Bison Yard?
Okay, one more if you will: Are Buffalo Terminal and Tifft Yard one in the same?
Thank you again!

XC