Railroad Forums 

• T1 2101 in Freedom Train duties

• Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.
Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.

Moderator: Franklin Gowen

#496576  by Tom Jacobs

:( Very sad to see this locomotive in such a sorry state. She deserves much better, not only as one of the Reading's surviving T-1's but also for representing all that was bright and beautiful about our Nation when she toured the country hauling the AFT...
 #496683  by RDGTRANSMUSEUM

Any body care to work on getting 2101 home?
 #496866  by geep39

Wouldn't count on it. Ain't gonna happen. Got LOTSA money? I was told that they applied for a grant to refurbish it.

#497158  by RDGTRANSMUSEUM

We would hope to see some sort of important RDG locomotive displayed in Reading,Pa.......someday.

#498275  by kp5308

Parts were salvaged from 2101 to make 2100 operational. On a trip to the B&O Museum in the 80's, I watched a few guys goin' at it with a torch, but I don't know what, or how much, was taken. I do know that it's one of the few items that was at the same location in the museum when I returned in 2007. Not a good sign....