Railroad Forums 

• P & W Auto carrier

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

#1278159  by Noel Weaver

Sunday evening in South Florida FEC train 101 had some auto carriers on the head end which is not uncommon for this train. One of the carriers was a Providence and Worcester carrier and that is very uncommon at least in these parts. This is the first time I have ever seen any Providence and Worcester equipment in these parts. I suspect the car will be going back north maybe late Monday on 222 or 226 or sometime Tuesday, they unload the autos pretty fast at Hialeah.
Noel Weaver
 #1278276  by jaymac

There have been at least a few times that PW racks have come into Gardner on 206 only to keep going east to the new auto yard at the Willows instead of heading south to Davisville on the PW.
 #1279305  by boatsmate

These cares are part of the TTLX fleet that P&W is now part of. Unknown how many cars are in the fleet, they float around the country, they are not P&W's per say. and are not loaded here in the northeast.

Bill
 #1280095  by v8interceptor

boatsmate wrote:These cares are part of the TTLX fleet that P&W is now part of. Unknown how many cars are in the fleet, they float around the country, they are not P&W's per say. and are not loaded here in the northeast.

Bill
My understanding is that while TTXL owns the flatcar, P&W owns the actual auto rack structure. This is the way most Class 1's operate their autorack fleets as well..
 #1282022  by Engineer Spike

I saw one in CPR St. Luc Yard the other day.

It's something to remind you of home, just like when I was working for Burlington Northern, in IL. A nice blue Boston and Maine boxcar made me think of New England.