• P&W Stone Trains

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

by AlKaLI

@freightguy
Thanks for the response about the covered hoppers. I could believe that they are carrying sand since I've seen the covered hoppers in Maspeth, [Skyy Materials?]
I believe P&W's arrangement to use the trackage rights on the NEC was for aggregates and similar material only.

I am curious if the P&W is handling this traffic as well to the NY&A.
  by rr503

As far as the sand/cement(?) goes, I heard it is being used largely for the BQE bridge project. And yes, it is from the P&W.
  by expbusop

CHFP on ground at Oak Point yard, loaded aggregate cars.
  by Maybrook fan

Last week I was down on Federal Road in Danbury I noticed a line of hoppers at Tilcon. Are they still hauling Stone this late into the winter or are the cars just being stored there ??
  by DutchRailnut

just being stored.