Railroad Forums 

• CN, CSX announce new intermodal service

• For topics on Class I and II passenger and freight operations more general in nature and not specifically related to a specific railroad with its own forum.
For topics on Class I and II passenger and freight operations more general in nature and not specifically related to a specific railroad with its own forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1516529  by Jeff Smith

Cross-threading to CSX, CN, and Class I: https://www.progressiverailroading.com/ ... ice--58291
CN and CSX yesterday announced a new intermodal service that will be offered between CN's greater Montreal and southern Ontario areas, and the CSX-served ports of Philadelphia, New York, New Jersey and New York City.

Set to launch Oct. 7, the new service aims to convert long-haul trucks to interline rail services, said Keith Reardon, CN's senior vice president of consumer product supply chain, in a press release.

"Trains will run directly into the heart of the metropolitan markets of Toronto and Montreal via CN intermodal yards, making this partnership a natural opportunity for both railroads," Reardon said.