Railroad Forums 

• MSTS Question

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#66447  by PRRGuy

Hi, About a year ago I bought MSTS and ran it every once and awhile Now I'd like to add a few locomotives..and a couple new routes. I downloaded a 0-6-0 from train-sim.com and I'm having a problem with it not showing up in the list of locomotives or anywhere else when I use the simulator. Perhaps it was un-zipped wrong, if thats possible.
Hope theres some answers out there. Thanks

#66451  by CRail

In case you havnt gone this far, you need to install it before it will run, not just download.

There are multiple ways of installing which is usually dependant of how the creator zipped it:

-> If there was an .exe file then its usually plain and simple, just click on the .exe file and follow the prompts, it will be just like installing a software program. then, assuming you put the destination in right, and the creator didnt make a mistake, you should be all set.

-> If everything unzips to one folder, place the folder in this destination:
-- C: -> Program Files -> Microsoft Games -> Train Simulator -> Trains -> Trainset.

Then stuff should start showing up. If you have done this already, post a more detailed discription of what is going on either here or to me or both and ill get working on an answer for you.

#66802  by PRRGuy

Ok, Everything did un-zip to one file "060_prr" and I placed this file in "trainset" in the game file. Problem is I'm not sure if I needed to add any other files to this..if needed and still when I go to make a new consist the loco doesnt show. However reading the "README" file it does say
How to install this renumber:
Does this me that this file is for a renumbered version and not the original loco?

#68432  by CRail

what are the letters after the file?

ex. "060_prr.exe"

If it isnt there then rightclick it and go to "properties". What is the file type?