Railroad Forums 

• railworks lirr route

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#879571  by jarrath

been loking high and low and so far nobody has a decent setup map for railworks. For those of you who don't know what railworks is, it's a train driving simulator game. Real in depth. So i've been trying to find a map for the game or at least a layout of the routes so I can make it myself. Any info will help.
 #880280  by LIRRMEDFORD

There isn't one out there as far as the eye can see. If you made one from scratch then you would be the first to make a skeleton of it. There has only ever been 1 LIRR route that I can recall that has been made for a simulator and its for MSTS. But that one is impossible to find as well
 #955295  by pnaw10

jarrath wrote:been loking high and low and so far nobody has a decent setup map for railworks. For those of you who don't know what railworks is, it's a train driving simulator game. Real in depth. So i've been trying to find a map for the game or at least a layout of the routes so I can make it myself. Any info will help.
Railroad.net member Rich Green used to have some *excellent* track maps at his website richegreen.com but as of right now, it's been replaced by a GoDaddy page which says the domain expired in April, and it's still "pending" either renewal or deletion. Haven't seen/heard anything on here which would indicate what happened. Hopefully nothing bad.

About these maps... we're talking giant PDF files, with exact number of tracks, speed limits, sidings, start/end points for electrification, station locations, platform lengths, grade crossings, drawbridges (on the MNR New Haven Line) interlockings... everything you would need to plot out trackage for an accurate simulation. On another website's forums, someone mentioned that the maps were traced from satellite imagery, so they're geographically accurate, and to-scale (which, as you know, can be much different than the "official" maps most railroads hand out).

I have his MNR and NJT/SEPTA maps saved on my computer, because I'm a lifelong MNR fan, and I used the NJT map as a reference when playing World of Subways Volume 1, as the map includes PATH. Although I've also reviewed his LIRR map (and I believe he had an "everything" map which include LIRR and MNR), I never saved a copy and after some searching on Google, I'm not sure if any other website has it available for download.

You may want to ask on the LIRR forum if anyone else ever saved Rich's LIRR map, and if they'd be willing to share. Unless there's some major new development in the simming world, it seems like this simulation forum doesn't get too much traffic, compared to the forums about the "real" trains.