Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak routes?

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#61556  by capltd29

Does anyone know of any new routes that could be coming out soon for MSTS, that amtrak trains run on? Other than FPM's Pacific Surfliner.

#61563  by Mr Met

NEC V4 is good MBTA provendence rote it still has amtrak if you get it to work

#61576  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

but that route isn't anywhere near to accuracy of the Boston-Providence line

i would also recommend the NEC V4 route for you

#61605  by capltd29

where can I buy NEC V4, is their a V2 or V3?

#61606  by Mr Met

ok but I never got it to work

#61639  by AEM7AC920

capltd29 wrote:where can I buy NEC V4, is their a V2 or V3?

It's at www.train-sim.com for FREE!!!

#64131  by CRail

there is no 1 2 or 3, in fact 4 doesnt exist either. Now the latest and only is 5 (from that maker). There is a new one out, try it out. I would but i am experiencing computer failure at this time. (im not writing from home)
 #64863  by c604.

I have had the MBTA route working for a while but east of Providence the game stops and an error message comes up saying "invalid signal object." Do you guys have the same problem? I tried emailing the guy who made the route and his email address is no longer valid either. BTW, what's new with the NEC v5 route? I'm still on v1.

#65302  by CRail

I never got it to work, i think there might be installation problems with the 5th version. I'd try the latest one out and see how it is (if i had an operational computing mechanism). Someone should try it and post a review.