Railroad Forums 

• MSTS Add Ons

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#57809  by LIRR04

What is the most detailed locomotive that could be downloaded for free (Best sounds, views, paintjob)?

#57851  by AEM7AC920

Depends what you are looking for... There is a lot of great things out there but generally if your looking for high quality sounds, details etc, you might want to look into payware. Some stuff like Maple Leaf Tracks, 3dtrains, and facingpoint are very good but you have to pay for most of the really good stuff :P . If your looking more into the freeware part then NALW has good stuff and some other private builders. Is there anything certain that you are looking for?

Edit: See my Train-sim links above.

#150973  by Centurylover68

Does the stuff on Train Artisan run on MSTS? Also I'm looking for agood add-on pack for MSTS. Is the Sandpatch one any good?

#151321  by AEM7AC920

Yes Train Artisan stuff does run on MSTS, I would recommend Pacific Surfliner for an excellent passenger add-on and Cascades Crossing for freight. The only thing is when you order Pacific Surfliner you must be very patient with shipping and customer service.