Railroad Forums 

• Name Changing?

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#721222  by Sid Farkus

Question: How do I change the name of a rollongstock or engine in when it appears in the consist editor? I have the ACES multilevel and NJT multilevel coach and can only use one at a time because both are under the same file name "NJT Multi-level Coach".
 #721935  by CNJGeep

You have to open the .eng or .wag of the car in question, and change the name of it, IIRC.
 #722080  by Sid Farkus

Ok i changed the name of the car in the .wag file. But there is still a problem. The Multilevel NJT coach doesn't show up just the ACES coach which has been renamed to ACES coach.
 #723231  by Montrealrail

In the wag file or the eng file,you get to rename them,but after renamed them and you have to change name inside the file..
few things..
first,open the file with wordpad
once your'e in the file,at the top,there's a description
looking like that

Wagon ( CII_5302_HP
Name ( "NJ Transit Comet II 5302, high platform" )
Type ( Carriage )
Comment ( Car physics by Dan Garcia for KLW TrainSim 6/23/08 )
WagonShape ( CII_5302_HP.s )

the attention is on the top line( "Name ( "NJ Transit Comet II 5302, high platform" ) ")

number of car is 5302,my new car is 5507,them I change the "2" for a "7"
them,make sure the file is a diffrent name of file,and to procced like that,but first,do a back-up,it's safer