Railroad Forums 

• MSTS won't start

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#53869  by pcdude9190

When I start MSTS is plays the video and starts to load the game with the progress bar on the bottom and the long expsure photo in the backround, halfway through the loading process it tells me "train.exe has failed to load send error report?"

Tried reinstalling without recopying files but had no effect.

#53895  by CRail

Sounds like your missing a file. I would do a complete uninstall and reinstall. Thats something I havnt seen before. (I self-taught most of what I know about the game so i have seen a lot of error messages)

Did you try to use the troubleshooter? Not sure if theres anything in there for that, but you could check.

Sorry I couldnt help more.

#53900  by pcdude9190

So I should pull out my Route and Train folders before I do this right?

#53902  by CRail

if you do a complete uninstall you shouldnt need to.

#53904  by pcdude9190

My routes and trainsets and consists will not be lost in a complete uninstall?

#53921  by Ken W2KB

I would strongly suggest you copy them to a directory outside of the MSTS subdirectory and/or a disk just in case.

#53946  by CRail

Ken's got it,
I didnt reallize you had your own custom files, scratch what I said.

Move your files out, completely reinstall msts, and then move your files back in. they should not cause problems just by being added afterwards.