Railroad Forums 

• Long Island route

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#49259  by LIRR04

Does anyone have a Long Island Route for Train Simulator?

(Is is the largest commuter railroad and everything, someones gotta have it.)

#50193  by alcoc420

I have the 34 miles of the Port Jeff ca 1965. If you want to beta test it, send me an email at [email protected].

It is not as good as I want, but the grades, curves, switches, crossings, and terrain are all pretty close to reality. Almost everything is within one meter vertically.

On the bad side, it has BO color/position signals. I tried the PRR type, but the aspects couldn't be seen from more than 50 feet away. So I went back to BO. One small curve east of River Road in Smithtown is missing. A small vertical curve west of Old Bridge Rd. in East Northport is missing. Syosset is off horizontally from reality by over 200 yards, but it looks ok. Many smaller things. One guy wished that I got the Y in PJ to work. When I got the track to connect, the locomotive went into the twilight zone so I change it back.

#291835  by Lirr168

Just wanted to let you know that my website (accessible from the WWW below) has undergone a major overhaul. It now includes a 3 part download of the LIRR Mainline Route and a whole bunch of equipment to go with it. Any questions or problems feel free to get at me here or on my MSTS forum, located at http://thelirr.16.forumer.com/viewforum.php?f=6