Railroad Forums 

• Train Dispatcher 3.5

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#45635  by AEM7Fan

I just ordered Train Dispatcher yesterday and was wondering if anyone else has it and if so, how they like it. I am really looking forward to getting it.

#48358  by Rockingham Racer

I like it. So much, I've put a few territories out myself.
 #57936  by 2nd trick op

I've had mine for about two months now...the graphics are just about everything you could ask for, and the new features allowing stopping of movements, passing red signals, hand throws etc, give you a lot more options, and the versatility allows for more accurate representation of the territory simulated....compare, say, the 1920's Rutland simulations to the modern-day BNSF simulations, or the BC Rail model.

One "non sequitur" --- the option allowing operation for more than one day is rarely encountered...only simulation I've implemented it successfully for is the CSX Brunswick-Pittsburgh territory....it did NOT work on the Lackawanna 1958 Scranton-Dover territory which, I was given to understand, is the most developed of the offerings.

But just stay at the drawing board, Mr. Hamley....you have a very-pleased would-be-DS here. Ill be putting in an order for Track Builder just as soon as the finances allow it. :-)

TD3

#67403  by railvidpro

I started with TD2 and fell in love with it after about 3 days I went to seventh heaven when TD3 and it's options came out.
If you can and finances allow get TB(track builder)3 it will allow you to alter the running time of the sim and just about anything else you want to do
after you become comfortable with the sim visit TB library web site there you will find hundreds of free and for sale territories from all around the world
try my AMZ system territory for a real challenge
enjoy
Lou
 #69725  by Statkowski

The roll-over function (continuing from one day into the next) is, I believe, something that is programmed into the simulation by its creator. Thus, if the creator (author?) didn't activate that particular function, then it won't, and you can't.

Some simulations do, and some don't. Don't know if you can access the function via your own version of Track Builder 3 to modify an existing program or not (has anyone tried it?).

As for me, I love the simulation. There's a fictional Buffalo, Pittsburgh & Eastern simulation that will drive you nuts if you don't watch out. There's also a TD2 1953 New Haven simulation that you won't be able to run faster than 10X for the commuter traffic (I'm informed a 1965 version is in the testing phase).

Bottom line? Some simulations are great, some are so-so, and some could use improvement. To each his (or her) own.
 #73720  by 2nd trick op

Another nice featue of TD/TB is that you can simulate situations which reflect situations other than "complete" CTC, such as some lines in Canada where only one end of a siding has a power switch(the other uses a spring switch, with a dwarf signal for the siding and possibly a "take siding" indicator for approaching moves).

Fairly close approximations of DTC (similar to the old PRR practice of "unattended block stations" or "Block-Limit Stations" are depicted on portions of the humungous CSX' Brunswick-Pittsburgh app, the BCR model operates in a manner similar to track warrants, and the Lackawanna model includes one-directional (multiple-track) block signals (regretably, no provision for moves "against the current" as yet).

In fact, given a copy of Track Builder, a relevant ETT, and enough time, you could cook up an approximation of just about any line you'ld care to.
Last edited by 2nd trick op on Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#73766  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

when i tried to download the free trial version, a pop up said that the prgram won't work cause it said i am missing or the program doesn't work w/ MS-DOS

I take it this means i can't run the game on my computer, or could it maybe be the trial version that is messed up?
 #75054  by JoeRailRoad

Does anyone know if there are track territories for New Jersey Transit's Rariton Valley Line and other NJT lines.

Thank you.