• Willmette Pass- Chilquoin Local Question

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

by GP40MC 1116

I have been playing that route for the past few days and today I had a interesting problem as shown on the pictures here:

I came around at the corner and had just passed a restricting solid yellow signal at the end of the controlled siding. Well as i kept going and around another corner I came to the other end of the controlled siding and I had a similar indication, a solid yellow. So as i kept going under the posted 60 MPH and right before I was to pass that signal it changed to double red! I put the train into emergency but at that point it wasn't going to work. I tried the activity and worked it out so I could do what the picture shows above. As I sat at the red, what comes around the corner another train going the other direction, but instead of taking the siding he stops at the apposing signal and just sits their.

Does this clear up or is it a glitch??

by LIRRMEDFORD

As I see it it can only be one of 3 things

1.Time table problems were you ahead of your scheduel or behind?In a lot of cases if someone is ahead of scheduel they will pass you to the next signal and this could screw up your activity
2. Failed to place a passing point in the activity editor. I have had this happend a few times while trying to make activities and it does help(eventually) :P
3. Too far up to the signal. Try backing up I made an activity with the Tokyo route using nothing but LIRR trains and I have the same problem a red signal infront of me and a red one in front of the opposing train and as soon as I back up a decent distance(just enought to keep him in my sight) his signal will turn and he will proceede reposition yourself right under the signal and as soon as he clears his on the other side of the track split you will recieve the OK to proceede hope this helps

:-D

by GP40MC 1116

I think this is the proper consist for the activity. It happened again but at the Red Signal before the first picture I showed. Here is my consist I was pulling, for some reason the briefing does not show DONE when I did what it asked me to do