Railroad Forums 

• BVE- Worth It?

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#294982  by benltrain

Is BVE a safe download?
If I have MSTS is it really worth it to get BVE?

#295022  by Lirr168

The NYC Subway is very well done if those kind of rail operations are your thing. I personally like MSTS much better. It is a safe download, and relatively small, so you might want to give it a try.

-Kyle

BVE

#295657  by RearOfSignal

Bve is pretty fun. I only use for the NYCT routes, the A to Lefferts is very good, nice graphics, good sounds, so is the 2 line, though last time I checked it's only available from Flatbush to 42nd Street Times Square. It's not nearly as good as MSTS though. BVE is fun if you just want to play around and pretend you drive the NYC Subway, there isn't any traffic on any of the other tracks, so you always get clear signals, no one-shot or two-shot timers either.

I've never used it for anything else besides NYCT stuff so my experience isn't that broad in terms of the other add-ons that go with it.