Railroad Forums 

• Front coupler bug/patch problem in Train Simulator

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#177948  by ANDY117

I was doing an explore route on the NEC, and went all the way from philly to washington ( i had to throw a few switches along the way) with the BNSF C44-9W, and 2 SD40-2's, anyways, i was running around my train in Washington so i could go back up the line, but as soon as i coupled, the program ended. Are you not supposed to run up and down the NEC? i didn't derail either.

#178424  by pgengler

There's no reason I can think of for the sim to end, unless you derailed, since there's no other traffic around to derail and no red signals to run. You should be able to run back up the line (plenty of switching activities have you running on both ends at various points) but you wouldn't have a forward-facing cabview.

#178441  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

there is a defect when you couple using your front couplers, cause i assume when you ran around the train, u used the lead loco to couple back to the cars (the one your driving) the sim for some reason crash's when you use the front couplers of the locomotives, i think there is a fix for it on the Microsoft Train Sim website

#178449  by keeper1616

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:there is a defect when you couple using your front couplers, cause i assume when you ran around the train, u used the lead loco to couple back to the cars (the one your driving) the sim for some reason crash's when you use the front couplers of the locomotives, i think there is a fix for it on the Microsoft Train Sim website
Correct, there were no couplers on the front of any locmotive on MSTS until one of the patches was realsead, so technically you did wreck into the back of your train. There is a patch on the MS website.

#178461  by ANDY117

which? Microsoft, or Train-Sim.com? It even gave me that little countdown thing. And i was using the leader to couple up.