Railroad Forums 

• SURFLINER

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#113086  by BuddM3

any got the surfliner rout any comments. is it worth the $40 adn does the trainsets come with the instant route download thanks
 #113127  by AEM7AC920

BuddM3 wrote:any got the surfliner rout any comments. is it worth the $40 adn does the trainsets come with the instant route download thanks

I think it's worth the $40!!! It re defines the sim and it's the most realistic route out there. Once you pay for the route you should get an e-mail within a day or so with the links to download the route. I would suggest looking at some screen shots over at www.facingpoint.com or www.train-sim.com. I think the dynamic audio included with the route itself was good enough. You will get notes from the dispatcher and conductor over the radio.

#113342  by Rockingham Racer

I got my download permission within minutes. I like it, but one thing I'm having a problem with is seeing the speed limit signs. When your cruising by them at 90, they're pretty unreadable. Result: I have to use the track monitor, which I don't like doing.

#113373  by AEM7AC920

I thought the speed signs were pretty readable; then again they might look better on my system because of how I have my resolution set etc.

#113595  by Rockingham Racer

Could you share your settings. Mine must be off.

#113784  by AEM7AC920

Well I have a GeForce 6800 with 256 MB so all of my train-sim sliders are maxed and my resolution is 1024 x 768 x 32. I have a large 19 inch flat screen so that could also make things easier to see in the sim...

#225867  by li7039

i ordered my copy and it said it came with a opterable metrolink cab car? but to my surprise it is only ai. can someone Pm me that has the route and tell me if in older versons was the mettro cab car opertable.

#294874  by Rail Liner

First of all facing told me the cab car would be free.
Last edited by Rail Liner on Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

#294942  by Rockingham Racer

Rail Liner wrote:First of all facing told me the cab car would be free 2nd their have been many reports of fraud by FPM
FPM is out of business.
 #308887  by rhallanger

This is hands down the bestt add-on I've got for the program. The tracks are modeled VERY accurately. I've you've taken the line, you'll recognize places. The locomotive sound is VERY real sounding, up to the K5LA horn and engine throttle.

The scenarios are awesome. You'll even hear radio/scanner traffic while in the cab.

Best $40 I've spent on an add-on. Too bad they haven't created any new activities or expansion packs though.
BuddM3 wrote:any got the surfliner rout any comments. is it worth the $40 adn does the trainsets come with the instant route download thanks

#308897  by Rockingham Racer

Rockingham Racer wrote:FPM is out of business.