Railroad Forums 

• Seattle and Disneyland

• Tell us where you were and what you saw!
Tell us where you were and what you saw!

Moderator: David Benton

#752833  by Kamen Rider

I can't believe I forgot to put these here.

My great uncle live just outside Seattle in Lake Forest Park, Washington. Ever since we got back into touch with him, be's been inisiting that we come west to visit. After helping his grand duaghter get settled in here in New York, we agree to come visit. (he was going to pay us the what they would have spent on movers, we told him to put it to aifare and we would come out)

I had a full day to myself on Central Link, South Lake Union line, Monorail. I couldn't find a Sounder train, but got lots of Amtrak Cascades shots. I also used Central Link to attend at Mariners game, after being droped off at Westlake Center.

These frist two are from my uncle's car on the highway on the from the airport.
track worrkers on the airport

International Blvd Station

These next three ae from a grade crrossing between Qwest Field and Safeco Field. the train is north bound.

King Street from across the street

Being very big disney fans, we took the hop down to LA and spent a few days in Disneyland.

The view of the monorail out my hotel room window (Disneyland Hotel)

Train arrving at the monorail station in Downtown Disney

Tomorrowland Monorail Station

Tomorrowland Train Station. The coach is the last of the orignal 1955 passenger cars. You can rider it if you ask at Main Street.

Locomotive #1-EP Ripley

Monorail Orange over Fantasy Land

Copy of Walt's Live Steam locomotive (the orignal is now in San Fransisco at the New Disney Family Museum)

Sealed up route to the orignal roundhouse

current roundhouse

Old tunnel for a mine train ride that was replaced by Big Thunder Moutain Railroad

static "Jolly Trolly"

Rear of Monorail Blue at Downtown at night

model of a Red car transportation/ride to be built in Calfironia Adventure park as part of an upgrade

Mock up of Western Pacific F unit. in fact a backery, Ice Cream resturant, and a toy store.