Railroad Forums 

• My rail travel website

• Tell us where you were and what you saw!
Tell us where you were and what you saw!

Moderator: David Benton

#485936  by chrsjrcj

I was reading your Washington-Cleveland trip and I had the same trouble you had with the cab company not showing up, only for me I was in Savannah, Ga. A cab took me from the train station to my hotel. I asked the cab driver if she could pick me up 4 days from now. She said it was fine. I called her the night before and she said she would pick me up the next morning to take me to the train station. The next day she never showed up at the time we agreed on. Finally, 15 minutes later I had to call another cab to take me to the train station. I made it to the station and 5 minutes later the train showed up.

#486154  by Tom6921

At least you got to the station in time to make your train and I believe you weren't addressed as someone as the opposite gender like how I was addressed as "Ma'am" by the cab company.

On a side not the cab company in Cleveland that made me miss 48 was supposed to be one of Cleveland's top cab companies. Really, they should be at the bottom.
chrsjrcj wrote:I was reading your Washington-Cleveland trip and I had the same trouble you had with the cab company not showing up, only for me I was in Savannah, Ga. A cab took me from the train station to my hotel. I asked the cab driver if she could pick me up 4 days from now. She said it was fine. I called her the night before and she said she would pick me up the next morning to take me to the train station. The next day she never showed up at the time we agreed on. Finally, 15 minutes later I had to call another cab to take me to the train station. I made it to the station and 5 minutes later the train showed up.

#491026  by Tom6921

I just updated my site with my latest trip report. Let me know what you think.

#503365  by Tom6921

I updated my website yesterday featuring a four day trip to Quebec City on VIA Rail Canada. Questions and comments are welcome for not just that trip report, but anything on my site.