Railroad Forums 

• IAIS business cars - former KCS?

• Discussion related to the past and present operations of Kansas City Southern Lines, including affiliates Texas Mexican Railway, Grupo Transportation Ferroviaria Mexicana (TFM), and Panama Canal Railway Co. Official web site can be found here: KCSOUTHERN.COM.
Discussion related to the past and present operations of Kansas City Southern Lines, including affiliates Texas Mexican Railway, Grupo Transportation Ferroviaria Mexicana (TFM), and Panama Canal Railway Co. Official web site can be found here: KCSOUTHERN.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#809148  by 3rd Gen. Brakeman

I believe they're just visiting. Those are buisness train cars from KCS and that observation car is the KAYSEE, which is just about the only true KCS passenger cars still owned by KCS. It was actually never used in passenger service, but as a buisness car. I wouldn't imagine they'd let that one go!
 #826643  by John_Perkowski

Excuse me?

Kay-See sits landlocked on a patio at the KCS corporate headquarters, clearly visible from Broadway in KC. It's under a roof to boot.
 #827521  by 3rd Gen. Brakeman

John_Perkowski wrote:Excuse me?

Kay-See sits landlocked on a patio at the KCS corporate headquarters, clearly visible from Broadway in KC. It's under a roof to boot.

No, excuse me. I stand corrected. I've never been to KCS HQ, and I guess all I really know about KCS is limited to the Beaumont/Port Arthur area. However, I suppose that only leaves one other authentic car. That would be the Tolmak. After another review of the photo and comparison to photos of both the Kay-See and the Tolmak, one can conclude that it is neither. So, without making some phone calls, I can't tell you a dern thing about what they're doing out there! HA!