Railroad Forums 

• Help to know locomotives history 2

• Discussion related to the past and present operations of Kansas City Southern Lines, including affiliates Texas Mexican Railway, Grupo Transportation Ferroviaria Mexicana (TFM), and Panama Canal Railway Co. Official web site can be found here: KCSOUTHERN.COM.
Discussion related to the past and present operations of Kansas City Southern Lines, including affiliates Texas Mexican Railway, Grupo Transportation Ferroviaria Mexicana (TFM), and Panama Canal Railway Co. Official web site can be found here: KCSOUTHERN.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#1347084  by Benny

Can anyone help me?
I'm an Italian railfan living in Lima (Peru) and I'm mad for the Ferrocarril Central Andino. The two SD40T-2 in service here seems to come from KCS and in the KCS Historical Society roster there are locos 3167 and 3170 that result retired and of unknown fate. Can you confirm that these ones are the Peruvian locos? Have you any infos?
Just to laugh a little: the Tunnel Motors are banned from tunnels in the high part of the line because of fault of clearance!!!
D1r 1023 con merci in transito in av. Meiggs dietro a Minka nel Callao R.jpg
D1r 1023 con merci in transito in av. Meiggs dietro a Minka nel Callao R.jpg (187.25 KiB) Viewed 4721 times
D83r 1024 trainata dalla 415 in av.jpg
D83r 1024 trainata dalla 415 in av.jpg (73.1 KiB) Viewed 4721 times
The two locos are seen not far from the harbour terminal in Callao.

Ciao :wink: