Railroad Forums 

• London's secret Mail Rail

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

#1473283  by David Benton

Thanks Andrew.
There are quite a few you tube videos on the Chicago tunnels , one nearly flooded a large portion of the city , when accidently drilled into from a river.
I am surprised there were not more underground freight and mail tunnels in big cities worldwide, it would seem a efficient way to get goods moved. Like everything , I think the truck now prevails. I read Amsterdam has/had freight trams , or lightrail.
 #1473297  by george matthews

David Benton wrote:Thanks Andrew.
There are quite a few you tube videos on the Chicago tunnels , one nearly flooded a large portion of the city , when accidently drilled into from a river.
I am surprised there were not more underground freight and mail tunnels in big cities worldwide, it would seem a efficient way to get goods moved. Like everything , I think the truck now prevails. I read Amsterdam has/had freight trams , or lightrail.
Dresden is another place that has a freight tram. I don't think I saw it when I was there, but that was just after the Wall came down.