Railroad Forums 

• Phillip Martin, Rest In Peace

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

#1444552  by johnthefireman

Thanks, NorthWest. Funnily enough just this week David Benton and I exchanged e-mails wondering what had happened to Philip. He will be sadly missed on this forum, where his ever-enquiring mind constantly raised new topics of interest for us all. RIP.
 #1444633  by Benny

I'm really sorry. Hope he will be in trains paradise. :(
 #1444942  by David Benton

Thanks very much , NorthWest.
I am been trying to find out where Phillip had disappeared to since he stopped posting in July.
He was our most prolific thread starter, and You Tube scout.
It sounds like he had a very interesting life, and I will post some links to some of the material I found looking for him later.
RIP.
 #1445022  by SemperFidelis

Though we were just casual friends on a railroad forum, I feel very safe in saying that youtube.com will miss Mr. Martin, and the hundreds and thousands of clicks he provided, quite dearly.

Though often times I (and one or two others) found it insanely infuriating to click on a topic in a forum hoping to find some information concerning said topic (especially those in a corner of the world I will probably never have a chance to see) only to find that it was, yet again, another link to a 38 second video with no description whatsoever, sometimes only loosely connected to the topic listed...exchanging a few kind (PM'd) words with the man and then not taking myself so damned seriously made me realize some time ago that the knowledge I gained of the world outside of my little northeastern Pennsylvania railfan bubble was well worth it. Thank you, Mr. Martin.

May the rails rise to meet your wheels?
 #1445025  by David Benton

A couple of articles on Phillip.
http://goiam3.goiam.org/index.php/tcuni ... tin57years" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.newsweek.com/money-nobody-wants-148669" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1445027  by johnthefireman

Thanks, David. Makes me realise how none of us here really know each other apart from the small amount we choose to share on the forum. I suppose that's the internet for you, but I somehow wish I had known Philip better. He was interesting enough on the forum, but now we're getting glimpses of his real life I realise how much more interesting he really was, if that makes sense.
 #1486491  by David Benton

Well , its been a year since we found out Philip had passed, so its time to let this thread go "unsticky", so it will only be at the top if someone posts in it. If you wish ofr it to remain "sticky(at the top ) , please let me know .