Railroad Forums 

• San Francisco's F-Line [Market Street]

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#1548877  by pudgym29

After forum search and contemplation, I have elected to post this here.
In November 2019, the Central Electric Railfans' Association published its newest Bulletin, "San Francisco's F-Line" by Peter Ehrlich. It is Bulletin #150. (Do not look at the hardcover book cover!)
At the time when this occurred, a weblog author sought outside content for his weblog. I contacted him via E-Mail and suggested a timely weblog post I could provide was my photographs from San Francisco when I visited there in January 2016. (This was the year San Francisco Beer Week was pulled forward so as not to clash with a certain gridiron game.)
The timely part is that persons with the C.E.R.A. Bulletin could compare and contrast the images collated by P. Ehrlich with the ones I had shot.
We agreed to do this. I collated a bunch of my photographs, inserted them into a password-protected archive file, uploaded the file to a semi-anonymous webhost, and E-Mailed him with the details of how to get them.
He got the file. He expressed qualms about the size of the images. For the most part, as here at the abode, I am still on a v.92 internet connection. Thus, my images are usually 640x480. {In order to upload the archive file, I had to go to the local Chicago Public Library branch and use its broadband connection.}

It is now the end of July 2020. He has not shown the images I sent him. His time has elapsed.
Last week, when again at the library branch, I reuploaded the archive file to new webhosts.
I hereby present them to Railroad.net members. :-)
Here is a contact sheet showing what images you will receive if you download the file.
http://fotowrzut.pl/tmp/upload/GFRYA6SFSX/6.jpg
I included a few images of San Diego's historic trolley route, from June 2015.

The .rar file is 7.28 MB. It has been uploaded to
The .rar file password = peteR_ehrlicH
I hope you enjoy the photographs. :-D