Railroad Forums 

• Attica & Freedom Railroad

• All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad
All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad

Moderator: Benjamin Maggi

#632724  by Mountcastle

Alright, I've got a challenge for the heavy-hitters, here: anyone have any sort of photographic record of any of the equipment used by the Attica & Freedom Railroad?

This weekend I painted and lettered a short-style Victorian coach and combine (HO) that I had kicking around to represent the A. & F. (which some will undoubtedly look upon and wonder that Abercrombie and Fitch had a railroad). Counter-intuitively I painted both in light blue (I had to do something with the rest of that blue paint I bought for my baby blue boxcar) with green roofs and white lettering, both weathered to the point of utter dereliction.

I don't have any expectation that the A & F used blue coaches, of course; I'm sure they used a drab green like all the others.
Last edited by Mountcastle on Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #633204  by BSOR Patarak

Good luck with that search! It is only a guess, but they used second hand equipment from the TV&C no doubt. It was probably only one locomotive and a coach or two. Service didn't last long. Also, a narrow gauge coach survived in North Java into the BA&A (around 1912 or after). It was placed on standard gauge trucks at some point. I'd guess a few pieces of equipment were acquired with the properties as they changed hands.