Railroad Forums 

• ANNOUNCEMENT! Users with Zero Posts to be Pruned

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#956372  by MEC407

lpetrich wrote:A geolocator for IP addresses. I've found this one to be very reliable: http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip-lookup
Very cool. The geolocater isn't 100% accurate in terms of a street-level location, but for me it was sort of amusing... I put in my IP address, and the pointer on the map was right smack-dab in the middle of the turntable at my local rail yard! :-D I live a few miles away from there, but I thought that was kinda hilarious. :wink:
 #957417  by Amtrak7

MEC407 wrote:Very cool. The geolocater isn't 100% accurate in terms of a street-level location, but for me it was sort of amusing... I put in my IP address, and the pointer on the map was right smack-dab in the middle of the turntable at my local rail yard! :-D I live a few miles away from there, but I thought that was kinda hilarious. :wink:
Same thing here. The geolocator pretty much puts me right next to LIRR's DIVIDE tower.
 #959358  by UMDNJemt

Hello. I am a self admitted lurker. I usually read the Metro-North forum as it is my preferred mode of transportation into NYC. I don't post usually because I bring nothing to the table, but enjoy reading what is going on. Keep up the good work! Back to my dark corner now, the light hurts!
 #959374  by KanSam

As a recent new Poster, I am finding this Forum somewhat difficult to use; as a new visitor and unfamiliar user . I joined because I wanted look at other locations (Forums, etc.) and see what is going on in the rest of the Railfanning Universe. I stumbled into this Forum, and found several topics worth look at, and potential to follow. I was wanting the full experience, so I registered here.
There is lots of information available here, but as a very green user, it is somewhat intimidating.
It may possibly be requiring more effort, and time than I am willing to expend.
I want to look around further and continue to be a Registered User, So please do not eliminate my sign-on at this time.